Below are links to the Procurement site and a PowerPoint for more detailed P-Card information and help.
- Institute-issued credit cards supplied by USBank.
- Not tied to your SSN
- Complete training and application to receive one.
- Used like any other credit card.
- Tied to House PTA and directly draws each month.
- Attend one of ORE's P-card Training.
- Wednesday, March 8 from 5-6pm
- Tuesday, April 11 from 5-6pm
- Complete the P-card Policy Acknowledgement Form and return it to ORE.
- Once you complete your training and acknowledgement form, you can expect your p-card to arrive via mail within a 5-8 days. ORE will email you when it arrives.
Cardholders will need to:
- Reconcile p-card monthly
- Keep all receipts
- Comply with all Institute p-card and purchasing policies.
Failure to meet these terms will result in confiscation of your p-card.
You may NOT:
- Have a p-card until you attend p-card training
- Forget to reconcile your p-card each month. Reminders will be provided from the Pcard Office.
- Purchase Travel and travel related items
- Purchase Gift Cards
- Purchase marijuana or any other drugs
- Purchase Animals
- Purchase Weapons/Ammunition
- Use for Leases and long-term rentals
- Radioactive/Hazardous materials
- Caltech SmartCash
- Donations of any kind
- Split orders
- Purchase personal items for yourself or any other house member. This card is for House expenses only. Individual use is not allowed.
CardQuest is where you will track and reconcile your purchases. You must log in via access.caltech.edu
- Daily transactions downloaded electronically from Visa into CardQuest
- Billing Cycle (begins on 16th & ends on 15th of every month)
- Email notifications/reminders are sent when there are transactions to reconcile
- Create report, move charges
- Enter item description and business purpose, and sales tax if applicable
- Allocate to PTAs
- Submit monthly transaction reports online with e-receipts for approval within the system