- An internal financial code used to route payments to a specific Institute department, office, house, grant, etc.
- Think of PTA as your primary checking account.
- House balance will be reflected here.
- You will receive training on how to access your PTA balance with OBI training.
- Bursar is responsible for billing of student tuition accounts.
- At Caltech, the bursar is responsible for servicing student, club, and faculty accounts.
- Think of bursar account as a secondary checking or pass-through account.
- Different from a PTA but linked.
- Each House has one, and it will hold a zero balance.
- OBIEE = Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (At Caltech, we call it OBI for short)
- Set of tools for data warehousing and data analytics with Oracle e-Business integration
- Development tools for bringing together data from multiple sources
To check your account, PTA balance, you will need to login to OBI. Please follow the instructional PDF.
- Fall 2023: October 13th
- Winter 2024: January 12th
- Spring 2024: April 12th
If a transaction exceeds the limit on your P-Card, you are NOT allowed to make a split payment. You cannot use more than one card for a single transaction. However, you can split a single transaction into two separate transactions if that is an option. You will need accurate receipts. If the receipt shows the exact amount charged to your P-Card, then you are good to go.
An OBI Cost Detail Report has two columns at the end, Cost and Commitment. Commitments are expenses that have not been charged to the PTA yet. The numbers are not always accurate because those expenses are committed to a default PTA but could be moved when the month closes for a variety of reasons.
The most common reason is that they are stuck in someone's P-card report...when a P-card holder hasn't done their monthly report the expense on their account is allocated to the default PTA that is on file for that person (even if they are allocated to another PTA).