Interested in planning your own event? We are here to help!
Review the Student Event Handbook and submit an event registration form to request approval and any needed support. Additional information is available in the Student Event FAQ. If you have further questions, please contact Student Activities and Programs at email@example.com.
- Follow Caltech's Health and Hygiene Policy,
- Adhere to the Institute's COVID-19 protocols,
- Limit numbers to approved event size,
- Limit attendees to Caltech students only,
- Prioritize the use of outdoor spaces,
- Facilitate physical distancing among attendees,
- Ensure that masks are worn by all attendees when not eating or drinking,
- Serve food/drink only in approved areas and according to guidance, and
- Refer to the Caltech Together website for more information.
Caltech will not be hosting interhouse events or large parties during Fall 2021. For more information, please contact Student Activities and Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All student-planned events that are sponsored or subsidized by Caltech and which include one or more of the following components must be registered:
- Events of 10 or more people (currently capped at 50 people)
- Off-campus events with 30 or more people and/or when a group is traveling 30 miles or more from campus
- Events with alcohol service
- Events that include construction activities or LN2 (both currently on hold)
- When to register:
- Small parties must be registered 2 weeks in advance
- Large parties must be registered 4 weeks in advance
- Off-campus events must be registered 4 weeks in advance
- The approval process must begin before advertising, alcohol purchases, or construction may take place.
- If the approval process is started any later than outlined above, we cannot guarantee that it will be approved in time.
- If construction is not completed and approved by noon 2 working days prior to the event, we cannot guarantee that it will be approved in time.
- Failure to receive approval in time will result in postponement of the event.
All events with alcohol service must include:
- Professional bartenders hired by student affairs (must be vaccinated)
- Water and substantial food
- Orange Watch Volunteers
- Approval from the event management team
If you have any questions, please contact Tom Mannion and the office of Student Activities and Programs at email@example.com.