Planning an event? We can help!
Review the Student Event Handbook and submit an event registration form to request approval and any needed support. Additional information is available in the Event FAQ. If you have further questions, please contact Student Activities and Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow Caltech's Health and Hygiene Policy,
- Adhere to the Institute's COVID-19 protocols,
- Limit numbers to approved event size,
- Limit attendees to Caltech community members only, and
- Refer to the Caltech Together website for more information.
The Office of Residential Experience will work with student leadership to ensure that events are appropriately planned and approved in accordance with event registration protocols and Caltech COVID guidelines. Events will be scaled up gradually over the course of the third term.
Which events require registration?
All student-planned events that are sponsored or subsidized by Caltech and which include one or more of the following components must be registered:
- Events of 10 or more people
- Off-campus events with 30 or more people and/or located 30 or more miles from campus
- Events with alcohol service
- Events that include construction activities or LN2 (LN2 currently on hold)
All events with alcohol service must include:
- Professional bartenders hired by student affairs (must be vaccinated)
- Water and substantial food
- Orange Watch Volunteers
- Approval from the event management team
How early do I need to register an event?
The earlier we receive your event details, the more options we will have to support you and ensure your event is a success! Most events will require registration two weeks prior to the event date.
- Small events must be registered 2 weeks in advance
- Large events must be registered 4 weeks in advance
- Off-campus events must be registered 4 weeks in advance
- Advertising, alcohol purchases, and construction may not begin prior to registration; these items will be approved individually as part of the approval process. If construction is not completed and approved by noon 2 working days prior to the event, we cannot guarantee that it will be approved in time.
- If the registration process is started any later than outlined here, we cannot guarantee that it will be approved in time. Failure to receive approval in time will result in the postponement of the event.